Choosing the right construction management software is not always the easiest task for a company. The construction field has specific constraints that need appropriate responses. So here are a few tips to help you with your choice.
Defining the needs
Before choosing your construction management software, you must define your needs so you can precisely identify the features that correspond the most to your activity. In order to do so, you must ask yourselves the right questions to get the best results.
- What are the features necessary to your activity?
- Do you want to create quotes and manage the progression of your site?
- Do you have a lot of data to analyze?
- Do you work alone or with a team? How many people are involved in the project?
- Do you have technical constraints? What tools and operating system do you use?
- Do you need a custom version of your software?
These questions will help you in your search and will define the product that answers your needs the most.
An intuitive user interface
Construction management software may have advanced features that can be hard to handle at first. Thus, using the software becomes complicated and working is not as easy as it was supposed to. This is why it is important to choose an intuitive software with a user-friendly interface so you get efficient results right from the start. You will master more advanced features with time and regular practice so you will end up with a perfect knowledge of the software.
The main features are adapted to your job
When it comes to construction management, from the creation of the project to the delivery, several features are indispensable:
- A feature that helps you preparing your project so you can stay in touch with the architect and the main contractor during the creation phase;
- During the construction phase, you have to be able to manage the defects reports, your plans and documents, and to communicate with the rest of your team. It is also important to be able to write weekly reports of progression meetings;
- Concerning the handover protocol, it is necessary to have a feature for managing your client’s list and invoices;
- Finally, during the different warranty checks, it is crucial to be able to manage the last defects entered and the new ones that have been spotted.
A high-quality customer service
It is absolutely necessary to check the situation of the software’s editor before you buy the product. The company that sells its software to you must be viable and must have a long-term vision of its activity. This insures the life and evolution of the software, and you will be confident about the proper functioning of your product as well as its various updates. It is also crucial to be aware of the existence of a customer service. In the case of a technical problem, question or specific need, you have to be able to reach the tech support by phone or by mail.
Our answer: BatiScript
What’s the idea? We want to offer an alternative to answering to the main preoccupations of construction workers:
- Having an all-in-one tool to carry several documents and work with them directly from the site;
- Removing definitely all the back-office reporting operations (writing the notes taken on the site again is very time-wasting);
- Enabling your teams to work together on the same site through enhanced collaboration, users management and the rationalization of flows for easier and safer exchanges of data.
If you are an architect, a promoter, a main contractor or contractor, BatiScript offers construction companies to enjoy the best of digitalization in order to significantly increase their efficiency and their productivity. Check out our website for more information or give us a call at +33 23096 2067