Choosing the right construction management software to meet specific needs is not always an easy task for a company. The construction field has specific constraints that need an appropriate response.
Here we offer you a few tips to help you with your choice.
Before choosing your construction management software solution, you should define your needs so to precisely identify features that correspond most to your activity. In order to do so, you should ask yourself the right questions to get the best results.
- What features are necessary for your activity?
- Do you need to create quotations or manage construction progress?
- Do you have a large amount of data to analyse?
- Do you work alone or with a team? How many people are involved in your project?
- Do you have technical constraints? What tools and operating system do you use?
- Do you need a customised version of your software?
These questions will help you in your search and will define thesolution that answers your needs the most.
An intuitive user interface
Construction management software may have advanced features that can be hard to handle at first. Using it can become complicated and working with it not as straightforward as intended. This is why it is important to choose an intuitive software with a user-friendly interface so you get efficient results right from the start. You will master more advanced features with time and with regular practice so you will end up with a perfect knowledge of the software.
Features adapted to your project.
When it comes to construction management, throughout the project lifecycle, from the inception of a project, right through to it’s close out and delivery, several features are indispensable :
- Preconstruction phase : A feature that helps you prepare your project so you can stay in touch with the architect and the main contractor during the preconstruction phase
- Construction phase : A feature that allows you have to be able to manage the defects reports, drawings and documents, and communicate with the rest of your team. It is also important to be able to write reports according to your specific requirements.
- Completion phase : a feature for managing your clients’ delivery (handover/warranty) information and documentation is invaluable. For project delivery warranty checks, it is crucial to be able to manage the last defects and issues entered and new ones that have been observed.
A high-quality customer service
It is absolutely necessary to check the situation of the software developer prior to purchase. Any company that sells its software to you should be viable and should have a long-term vision of its activity. This insures the life and evolution of the software, and you will be confident about the proper functioning of your product as well as its various updates. It is also crucial to be aware of the existence of a customer service. In the case of a technical problem, question or specific need, you have to be able to reach the tech support by phone or by mail.
Our answer : BatiScript by Script&Go
What’s the idea? We want to offer a strong alternative to meet the needs of a range of global construction and real estate stakeholders.
- Having an all-in-one tool to carry several documents and work with them directly from the site
- Removing definitely all the back-office reporting operations (writing the notes taken on the site again is very time-wasting)
- Enabling your teams to work together on the same site through enhanced collaboration, users management and the rationalisation of flows for easier and safer exchanges of data.
If you are an architect, a developer, main contractor or subcontractor, BatiScript allows a raft of construction stakeholders to enjoy the best of digitisation to significantly increase their productivity. Check our website for more information.