Script&Go had the opportunity to interview an operations manager from the property development arm of Groupe Lamotte on their digitisation. The manager spoke of Lamotte‘s use of Script&Go’s construction management solution, BatiScript. He explained how it has facilitated the digitisation of their real estate construction processes.
It is now clear property developers can digitise and benefit from a ‘paper-free’ mobile digital construction management solution. Johan Thetiot, Script&Go’s digital marketing manager for BatiScript, invited Guirec Callac, from Groupe Lamotte to answer a few questions on Lamotte’s digitisation and use of BatiScript.
Lamotte interview highlights
Highlights from Johan’s interview with Guirec are reported here :
Guirec explained that as operations manager at Lamotte he carried out multiple tasks during the construction and close out phases of projects. These include : supervision and coordination of works, site meeting reporting, follow-up and handover of technical works, client liaison throughout the works, delivery of client property, warranty management and final completion administration.
Describing how he discovered BatiScript during his time with Lamotte, Guirec said that he found the software “easy to use” from the outset of creating his first reports with it. He highlighted the following advantages :
- “it allowed him to use the same template for his reports so that they all had the same format.” and created according to either a housing unit or organisation”
- “the report system pleased organisations that consult with them as the presentation is the same regardless of who created them.”
- “it was easy to insert photos, drawing extracts and other images to illustrate points.”
- “it was of great interest prior to and during the delivery phase” as “once the plans had been inserted into the tablet, defects could be located directly on site and associated with different organisations.“
3 key digitisation benefits
He summarised 3 key benefits of digisation as :
- the standardisable format of meeting reports
- the flexibility for creating defect list reports
- the clarity of the reports
Guirec explained that BatiScript allows defects to be filtered by organisation or project site which in their case was for each housing unit.
He also mentioned that through BatiScript, his own transition to becoming ‘paper-free’ was underway. “BatiScript has changed my handover process, in terms of defect lists and data transmission to organisations,” he explained.
Installable on a Windows PC and usable across multi-OS devices, tablets or smartphones, BatiScript can be used by real estate professionals and their collaborators in the office or in the field as required.
[*Update : BatiScript 1.17 is now available !]