Communication plays a vital part in the project development. The key to individual and organisational success and their productivity lies in the ability for teams to communicate and critically to have “good communication skills.” Here we explain 4 ways of improving team communication.
What leads to poor team communication?
When a team communication processes has not been properly established, the following consequences are all too common :
“We don’t understand,” “the information is wrong,” “the data is missing,” “that was not decided” “that was not what was observed”…
If you’re reading this, you’ve probably already faced some or all of this before and may well ask – why did it happen? Inaccurate or untimely observation or recording of verbal or written data or information may well be the cause.
Provided here are some simple ideas to help you improve communication. These concepts , or strategies, should allow you to understand what the stumbling points to poor team communication are :
1. Implement a mobile digital solution
The first step for improving communication is to set up a mobile digital solution that allows key project elements (project drawings, documents, photos and so on) to be readily available for your team to use. This will assist in enabling your project to be achieved to the highest possible quality and lead to improved productivity.
We know, through our clients’ successful use of our mobile digital solutions that the productivity gains (project time saving and project cost reduction) achievable over the lifecycle of a project can make implementation of such solutions worthwhile.
- a mobile digital solution, enables organisations and their professionals to achieve productivity gains over a project lifecycle. Gains can be achieved from the project inception through to the maintenance and operational phases of the development of a built asset.
2. Create clear documents
Communication is an art. Every piece of information sent, verbal or not, is interpreted differently depending on the receiver. Differing interpretations should be reduced to an absolute minimum by producing clear information.
Having structured information in clearly formatted documents is the key to improved mutual understanding in any project or site team.
- a solution that enables construction or property organisations to create structured reports allows teams to improve their understanding of project information and progress.
3. Make your exchanges easy
In this digital world, information reception and transmission has never been so straightforward. Every solution (using email, the cloud and so on) has it’s advantages and disadvantages.
Taking this into account when specifying a mobile digital solution for your team is important. Using the cloud enhances the degree of digital collaboration possible on any given project.
- a cloud-based solution enables construction or real estate development organisation teams to receive real-time updates concerning project progress.
4. Make access to information easy
Your teams require access to the information they need at any time, anywhere.
We believe that it is vital for you to consider a mobile digital solution that will make information available to your team in real-time at any required location.
Some solutions allow access to information to be filtered according to collaborators’ project profiles through a variety of user permission levels.
- a solution with different user permission levels enables construction or real estate development teams to filter information according to collaborators’ project profiles.
Through these 4 simple ideas we trust that you will be able to improve your team communication, that your projects will progress in a more user-friendly environment,to increase your productivity, save time and reduce costs.
Learn how to “Get Digital. Get Mobile. Get Productive – to improve collaboration and communication,” see how you can improve communication with your team through BatiScript and contact us to discuss your team communication needs today.